Thursday, May 19, 2011

quick

I am in the human rights focus office where I have paid a membership
to use the computers for NGO business when there is no power in the
clinic- I have yet to see power there! i just printed documents for
the program and used almost all my credit- ahh oh well. things are
good, had a very productive meeting with a woman called Judy from
Kenya who has an MPH and lots of training on lifeskills. she is going
to be really instrumental in facilitating a few of the workshops in
the kickball program and gave me lots of good ideas. We also looked at
the programs the clinic runs and she supported me in some of my brief
evaluations, first and foremost the mission statement, vision, and
goals all say pretty much the exact same thing. So those need to be
updated.
things are coming together with the program, i will meet the parents
tomorrow, and the children saturday morning and the coaches training
and meeting is saturday afternoon. I have been invited to lunch with
Judy and Wissit, an english woman who i think will be good people to
know socially, on sunday and so the weekend will be good. I went to
see the pigs from the new Heifer International project. They are all
pregnant and should have their piglets in the next week or so! Also
the farmer let me take TONS of mangoes home with me! they were fresh
off the tree, he knocked them with a big stick while i ran around
collecting them all the while squealing like a child with excitment!
they were everywhere and are SO yummy! I had a nice snack when i got
home last night.
Went to aerobics again last night with Martha, still really makes me
giggle. But its a nice group of people and they are all very friendly
and welcoming to me. also caught the tail end of marimar- yes my awful
soap at the acholi inn on our way out! lol. lame!
all in all, things are very good! just ready to meet some kids.
yesterday on my 45 min walk home children followed me for a while.
very funny.
alright hope is ringing from kampala, have to go!

--
I dream of an Africa which is in peace with itself.
Nelson Mandela

1 comment:

Unknown said...

another $20 for balls--thanks to Mary Donna! Package will be coming -they said it's running about 12 days to Uganda.