Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bye for a bit?

Hope is away to Kampala tomorrow, laptop in tow.
The clinic (my 'office') has yet to have power when I am there so I am
not sure when I will have internet again. Working on getting martha to
share hers or stopping by the community resource centre for NGO
workers.
have a meeting tomorow morning with a woman called Judy whom we met
this morning. she has lots of training in life skills and reproductive
health and will hopefully be a big asset to the kickball program and
helping with the workshops. and she is kenyan, so i will get to mack
out some swahili and feel confident again in my language abilities!
although, i must say, my acholi is coming together nicely!
I also made a new friend tday, a former volunteer with hope is back in
town. she is away in three weeks, but we talked a lot today and will
be good to know someone in town. I also met wisset, an english woman
who has worked in gulu a lot. she is soon to be my running buddy!
seems like a very cool lady, so im excited to get to know her.
so, know that i am program planning and will meet with my future
coaches on saturday afternoon! cross your fingers it goes well, a lot
of the program hinges on them! Rose seems to be confident about
getting coaches and even encouraged us to have 3 coaches per team to
include more young adults.
will get on internet when I can but am anxiously awaiting the new
minilaptop that will soon be in the mail to me! ill use it while im
here then Hope will buy it off me for easier traveling on her part! I
have a very good boyfriend for dealing with that end of the purchase
and shipping : )
take luck friends!

1 comment:

Mark C. said...

I bet your boyfriend misses you very much.