Thursday, May 12, 2011

Got a Spare 5 Bucks?

Hello Avid readers- LOL.
Don' know who is actually reading this, although I am sure Anne is and will soon yell at me for pictures! (don't worry, they are coming).
HOWEVER, If you are reading and want to help me, heres your first chance!

Gulu will officially have a new Kickball League!

Yes, thats right the crazy muzungu (white girl) is going to teach these kids to play kickball!
Our program is based around a new league that will teach kids manners and sportsmanship, include HIV and health seminars, tutoring and education workshops, and Role Model days with memebers of the community presenting about their careers and the value of education.

Now here is where you come in! We need balls! I will purchase one or two, but we need a decent lot for practices and to make this program sustainable- which is my biggest hope!

A ball here is about $5 give or take. SO if you can skip your morning starbucks for a morning and help me buy some balls that would be AWESOME!! you can send cash money or a check to my parents who can put it into my account and then I can head to town and make the purchase!
Truely, one ball will make a huge difference.
The address is:
317 Brandywine Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27516

We allllll loved kickball on our playgrounds growing up, and shoot, there are adult leagues all over NC.... can you imagine a village of Ugandan kids, whove lived through 20 years of war running the bases and laughing hysterically at me? Cuz I can!

More to come on the program soon as it fully comes together, but with your help, it will last not only through the summer while I am here to fund it (kinda... as best I can...) but will continue once I leave.

Afoyo(Thank You) from the children of Gulu
Libby

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea and just the kind of project to use some of your talents! We are happy to manage depositing ball donations! Love you bunches, Mom

Anne and Dan said...

Darn right I want to see pictures!! I'll buy 4 kickballs! Fun!

momma said...

Libs, can't you take paypal?