Saturday, June 21, 2008

pictures. i hope.

I am going to post some pictures, i dont know how long it will take, so i dont know how many i will get up. I am starting with the house though so you can at least see where i live.
cross your fingers for speedy uploading... the people around me probably hate me. haha.

ok so it doesnt look like it is going to work, the internet is wayyyyyyyyyy to slow to upload. im going to try facebook to see if it will upload and will post the link if i can....

Anyway, School yesterday was really good, we taught 5 periods then tuition, which is after school help. I really really like teaching, which i didnt know that i would. I gave the class a quiz yesterday on the speed and distance formulas, mixing the questions so they had to actually figure out which formula to use. A lot of them got 100%! maybe the cheated... but i watched pretty closely, so that was awesome. Maybe they are actually learning it, i hope because their exam is next wednesday.

I am going to see Emma next weekend, which is exciting. Just to get away for a few days and see another part of TZ. And there is a chance that i will get a ride there with the missionaries that live in her town, so cross your fingers for that, bc that would be awesome and mean that i only have to miss one day of class, the monday, where i only teach 1 period anyway. cross, cross, cross. Things for zanzibar are coming together, and im thinking i am going to do my open water diving course here! how awesome would that be? its like $350 so im really going to have to look at the money, but i think what a cool place to do it, rather than the YMCA and do my dives in a pool and then have to pay for another trip to like florida to get my other dives in. so. maybe. sweetness.

Next week we are planning to go to see the Rwanda trials. I think i already mentioned that we might, i am so excited. word on the street is they are trying the big guys now... awesome.... what a cool thing to be able to see.... you will get a full report afterwards.

oh. we got a few pictures to go- ill pick my favorites, maybe not the ones you want to see... like my bed but at least i can show you the ones i like the best...

My house, and our family van for going to church on Sundays. Yes, that is the only day they drive it.

Remember I told you there was a baby I would bring home?? This is him, although sideways, Lawrence.... my favorite baby. He is so adorable and happy and always would smile when I would walk up to him or pick him up. This week I will go back to visit him. too cute!
These are some of my students at lunch. Most of the girls actually. We eat beans and HUGE mutant corn mix every day. The days we have rice and beans are my favorite.
Kangas, big rectangles of fabric that are worn as skirts, to hold babies, etc. hanging on a line.
I think among my favorite 'artisit' pictures I have taken...

sweetness in Lake Manyara National Park! check out the mountains in the background too... wooo

here are more on a facebook album, they uploaded faster...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2143646&l=03da9&id=29701857

No comments: